Careers @ DST
Part Time Community Outreach and Fundraising Coordinator
Desert Stages Community Theater, Scottsdale, AZ
For over 20 years, Desert Stages has provided a creative platform that nurtures each stage of an actor's development. Experienced actors and professional staff mentor in a live-performance environment. For the Valley, this theater program fills the need to provide a supportive environment and hands-on program for youth arts education and live performance. Involving kids from diverse backgrounds in the arts engages them in their community, creates self-esteem and builds critical skills needed in a 21st century workforce. Desert Stages provides a welcoming community; values risk taking; encourages self expression, and creates youth leadership opportunities.
Each year, Desert Stage offers the following:
- 800-1,000 youth/adult actors an opportunity to perform.
- Five youth shows cast 60-125 actors, ages 3-19.
- 300 kids learn as camper/actors, teen directors, choreographers and counselors.
- Eight adult productions, cast mainly from local actors.
- Community attends 250 performances which translates into 38,000 seats.
Our Next Stage
In March, Desert Stages is moving into a 50% larger, brand new space inside the Scottsdale Fashion Square mall. The new space will allow Desert Stages to hold more classes, shows and camps than ever before in space with exposure to 1 million shoppers per year.
This position is responsible for managing and implementing a fundraising and community outreach campaign for the theater. The fundraising revenue goal for the position will be achieved via external grants, business spon sorships and private donations. The community outreach goal is to increase program participation by 15%, as well as increasing the Desert Stages name recognition in the community. The community goals will be achieved by meeting with businesses in the community, local schools and potential donors, as well as administering a scholarship program for camps and classes.
- Implement a comprehensive strategic plan for a fundraising and outreach campaigns which includes organizational best practices, specific revenue and expense budget, timeline, logistics, volunteer activities and recruitment, marketing, logistics and sponsorship plan.
- Hire and work with external grant writers to identify target list of grants and deadlines. Support and supervise grant applications. Follow-up for feedback from granting organizations. Ensure that all conditions of grants received are met.
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate recruitment and fundraising strategies to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain and upgrade event donors/participants.
- Utilize proven promotional activities to enhance public awareness of Desert Stages and its mission.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign.
- Ensure media, material, in-kind and cash sponsorships are secured through a coordinated plan that includes proposal development, prospect identification, cultivation, retention and recognition.
- Manage campaign materials required for the successful implementation of the community outreach and fundraising campaigns.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Desert Stages mission and programs to promote fundraising and community initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- 5 years fundraising, sales, marketing, communications, community outreach experience
- Collaborate with Desert Stages Board Members to ensure the success of the campaigns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
- Strong background in volunteer recruitment and management
- Grant writing background desired
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Highly organized and professional demeanor.
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- 30 hours per week, flexible schedule but must attend one Board Meeting per month in the evenings
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of Desert Stages.